Goal: Cleaner and Healthier planet.
Vision:Kids join together from all around the world to care for our environment, raise awareness, take action, and share ideas & experiences.
Mission: Our mission is to help kids take the path of innovation by utilizing STEM areas (Science Technology Engineering Mathematics), while being responsible and caring towards our planet.
Green Kids Now, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charity organization purposed to reach youth of all ages around the world to raise awareness on environmental issues, and encourages children to learn, innovate, take action, and share ideas and experiences.
Our organization is truly, "For Kids, By Kids", which means that all programs and services ideas originate from children, and it is implemented in schools and local communities with children being leaders.
To this end, our organization offers the following services to-date, which also incorporates teamwork, leadership, innovation, presentation, and sharing of information and talents:
Conference dedicated to children:
Our goal for this conference is to educate kids and their families on environmental issues, make them aware of available resources and opportunities, and also to promote, encourage, and reward new innovative ideas. Come and explore the latest developments and opportunities in the field of environmental science and sustainability.
For more details and registration, go to http://greenkidsconference.org
Overview of Green Kids Conference:
Program for Schools:
* Guidance for schools to obtain Green Star School status and lead in environmental sustainability
Our program guides through the process in easy to follow do-it-yourself steps, for a school to obtain "Green Star School" award, and shows how to lead in environmental sustainability, while preparing the kids to move in the path to innovation.
What is unique about our guidance?
The uniqueness of our program is that our guidance is aimed at providing kids the knowledge, resources, and hands on experience, by utilizing their academic subjects and showing the new methods of innovation. Our program shows how a child can get ready to go in the path of innovation using Environmental Science, Biomimicry, Project Management, and STEM(Science Technology Engineering Mathematics), while also incorporating leadership, team work, and collaboration.
Our program encourages children to be the leaders, remain curious and be creative, and provide opportunities to utilize their critical thinking and problem solving skills. Children learn to observe nature, to appreciate and learn from nature, and understand that nature has indeed solved most of our technological problems in a much eloquent and sustainable way.
Programs for Local Communities (1/2 day to 1 day events):
* Participation in the Earth Day Fairs
* Park Cleanup events
* Creek / Coastal cleanup events
* Recycling events
* Planting and maintaining trees and plants
* Clothes and used books charity drive
* E-waste recycling events
* Participation in, "Make A Difference Day"
* Community Project: Striving for Zero Waste Community.- http://greenkidsnow.org/ZeroWasteCommunity.html
* Commutiy Project: Plastic Caps Recycling Project. - http://greenkidsnow.org/PlasticCaps.html
Workshops and Speaker series:
* Youth Speaker: "Plastics - Hero or Villain?": 30 to 40 minutes
* Youth Speaker: "Biomimicry - The new method of innovation": 30 to 40 minutes
* Youth Speaker: "Striving for Zero Waste School": 20 to 30 minutes
* Youth Speaker: "Striving for Zero Waste Community": 30 to 40 minutes
* Youth Speaker: "Green Star School Program - An Overview": 30 minutes
Any amount of donation is appreciated for delivering these Youth Speaker sessions.